Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tis the Season for Hatmaking


I am accepting the fact that I am just going to be making hats for a little while yet, if not forever. We all need them, they are quick and easy, and the air is only going to get colder.

I love earflap hats, and this was a first attempt so I learned a lot and already know some things I will do differently next time. For you knitters out there, the cable cast on method is really helpful, and I only learned it for the second (smaller) hat. It made a big difference I think. There is an easy how-to video here. Must I say again how sad it is that this is the way I learn, via You Tube, and not at the feet of my grandmother? Yes, I must say it again.



The pattern is found here. But like most knitting projects, I did make a few changes.


Oh, they are so sweet cuddled up in their warm tweedy hats and acting like they just hug each other all day long. They don't, in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

  1. man, i have a real darling niece and nephews! and awesome hats... maybe by next year you could have your own shop :)

    ReplyDelete