Saturday, February 26, 2011

Days of Gray :: 16 {thinking of home}

It was a very, very gray day here indeed. The sky spent most of it's waking hours weeping, and I was stuck inside hotel conference rooms, taking photos of a Model United Nations conference our school was hosting.

This is the same MUN group that I accompanied to Cairo last year. I can't say enough good things about MUN. When my children are old enough to join, you can be sure I will be out there fitting them for snazzy black suits and stuffing National Review and The New York Times in front of their faces, forcing them to become avid and passionate debaters on all manner of global issues and crisis.

Meanwhile, today I was merely taking the pictures and listening to high schoolers role play some of the more tenuous international relationships that affect our real world today.

Back at home, we too furrowed our brows about home leave decisions this summer and other things that loom on the horizon (but no discussions on disarmament or human rights, at least for tonight)

And I was delighted to find I had been published in an online magazine with this article, which seemed timely as I gazed out the tear stained windows of my taxi and thought of going home this summer, and of the home we have made here (though I do get tired of my own sentimental drivel sometimes). Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Your article was wonderful and captured the essence of what every Christian feels at some point in our lives...it reminded me of one of my favorite passages, especially this verse
    "Trust in the Lord, and do good;
    dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness." Psalm 37:3
    May He give you the delights of your heart as you fulfill that verse in your everyday life.

    ReplyDelete