Monday, July 18, 2011

Andalusia for Eden


I had a wonderful time over the past several weeks knitting this up for my niece, Eden who will fit into it in maybe 5 or 10 years. She is only about 15 months old and the sweater grew from a requested 3T, to an attempt at a 4T, to a final product of 5T. So Scout had to model it for me in hopes that someday little miss Eden will get to wear it too. 

The pattern is Andalusia by Teresa Cole. It looks more complicated than it is, and is such a fun little cardigan for kids (and to be honest, I want one too). My sister in law gave me a bunch of vintage buttons when I was visiting her and they were a delight to sort through. I found the perfect little family of colors and unique variety to give the sweater a sweet but funky look. Who knew button sorting could be such fun (I think every 2 year old knows this, in fact).





1 comment:

  1. These are such gorgeous pictures! And, I am so jealous of your knitting skills...I'm to intimidated to even try.

    ReplyDelete