Saturday, December 15, 2012

DPP // Day 12-15 Ah!!

The past couple days my evening time to update the blog has been waylaid by VPN issues. 
And I won't say I didn't forget to take a picture one day.

Day 12
{my brood}
outtakes from my photo session with the kids. This one had a few issues but I do love the faces.

{pistachio prep}
much much chopping and baking going on for an 80+ guest party next week

{nativity}
watching my baby snatch at this scene all day long, and thinking about how God humbled himself to become like this little child, so that we could be with him someday in all his glory. 

The tragedies I read about online, the children murdered in Connecticut, and the children terrorized by a knife attack in China, are echoes in a way of the senseless tragedy many centuries ago that also lay a dark, evil cloud over the birth of the Savior- the slaughter of the babies in Bethlehem. 
...Rachel weeping for her children;
she refused to be comforted, because they are no more.
We weep and refuse to be comforted.
It is only the LORD who can and will turn our mourning into joy.
We wait for Him.




1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful picture of your babies! I've seen countless fb statuses and blog post about the horrors of the last few days and all I can think is what you've shared here. We have nothing to offer that will comfort the broken hearted except the one who knows grief and is acquainted with sorrow. And we have His promise that He will wipe away every tear.

    ReplyDelete